Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities – Selected Chapters: Contextual Factors & Holistic View of Health and Well-Being (ebook)
This chapter is part of Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities
An ICF-CY Approach
Product Type: PDF (Sub-Section of Book)
Series: Clinics in Developmental Medicine
Publication date: July 2012
Page count: 100
Buy now from Mac Keith Press
£27.00 (inc 20% VAT)
Selected Chapters: Contextual Factors & Holistic View of Health and Well-Being from Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities
About the Complete Book
Presents and reviews outcome measures across a wide range of attributes that are applicable to children and youth with developmental disabilities.
The book uses the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF-CY) as a framework for organizing the various measures into sections and chapters.
Each chapter co-incides with domains within Body Functions, Activities and Participation, and Personal and Environmental Factors. Advances in measurement using neuroimaging technologies and genetic testing are also included, as are chapters addressing broad measures of health and quality of life. Each chapter provides a representative sample of useful measures, with more detailed descriptions of those with the best properties and potential utility. Most chapters follow a prescribed format: what is the construct, general factors to consider when measuring this domain; and overview of recommended measures.
This book is invaluable for clinicians and educators seeking an appropriate, psychometrically sound measure in a particular domain of functioning that can be used with an individual child or target population. The book will also be a useful resource for researchers in the field of childhood disability.
Occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, physicians, nurses, and others who provide services to infants, children and youth with developmental disabilities; researchers investigating research questions pertaining to the field of childhood disability, university-based students in health-profession programs with courses related to the assessment of children and youth with developmental disabilities.
Clinics in Developmental Medicine No. 194-5
- Section V: Contextual Factors
- - Personal (not classified)
- Chapter 29: Personal factors - Rune Simeonsson
- -Environmental (e110-e595)
- Chapter 30: Physical, social and attitudinal environment - Mary Alunkal Khetani, Gary Bedell, Wendy Coster, Martha Cousins, Mary Law
- Chapter 31: Health services and systems - Debbie Feldman, Bonnie Swaine
- Chapter 32: Family functioning - Aline Bogossian, Lucyna M. Lach, Michael Saini, Ted McNeill
- Section VI: Holistic view of health and well-being (not classified)
- Chapter 33: Health status - Nora Fayed, Anne Klassen, Vero Schiariti
- Chapter 34: Quality of life - Allan Colver
- Index of Tests
- Subject Index
'Will such a major book, 540 pages double columned in A4-format, have any clinical importance? Yes, I think it might become the reference work, a ëmeasure Bibleí, for any habilitation team as every therapist should be able to find what is relevant for her or his part of the service given.' - Bengt Lagerkvist, Acta Paediatrica, 2013
'This impressive book does not only provide a systematic overview of measures for children with developmental disabilities, it also does so within the framework of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health, Children and Youth Version (ICF-CY). The latter is very helpful, as the organization within the framework of the ICF-CY will assist clinicians, researchers, and managers in health care to understand what is measured with a specific tool, and to determine which tool is most appropriate in a specific situation. In other words, the book disentangles which instrument measures which aspect of well-being of the child with a developmental disability.' - Mijna Hadders-Algra, DMCN, 2013
- Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities - Chapter 1: Selection and Use of Outcome Measures & Chapter 2: The Purpose and Framework for this Text (free ebook)
- Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities - Selected Chapters: Contextual Factors & Holistic View of Health and Well-Being (ebook)
- Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities - Selected Chapters: Activities and Participation (ebook)
- Measures for Children with Developmental Disabilities - Selected Chapters: The Body (ebook)