Movement Difficulties in Developmental Disorders: Practical Guidelines for Assessment and Management (Pre-order)
Product Type: Print Edition (Complete Book)
Series: Mac Keith Press Practical Guides
Publication date: September 2019
Page count: 240
Buy now from Mac Keith Press
This book will be published soon! Pre-order your copy now.
This book presents the latest evidence-based approaches to assessing and managing movement disorders in children. Uniquely, children with developmental coordination disorder (DCD) and children with movement difficulties as a co-occurring secondary characteristic of another development disorder, including ADHD, ASD, and Dyslexia, are discussed. It will prove a valuable guide for anybody working with children with movement difficulties, including clinicians, teachers and parents.
- Guidelines are underpinned by motor learning theory, empiricism and professional practice
- Case studies demonstrate the adaptability of these guidelines and show how they may be applied to children of different ages, abilities, and environments
- Includes interviews of thirteen notable clinicians and academics with intervention methodologies from around the world.
- 1 The nature of movement difficulties and developmental disorders
- 2 Principles from motor learning
- 3 Assessment and intervention
- 4 Assessment and other information: Case studies
- 5 From profiles through objectives to action
- 6 Specific intervention guideline
- 7 Case studies: Support and intervention
- 8 Interviews with notable clinicians and academics on intervention methodologies
- 9 At a glance: Moving forward in the right direction