Vitamin-Responsive Conditions in Paediatric Neurology
Product Type: Print Edition (Complete Book)
Series: International Reviews of Child Neurology Series
Publication date: January 2007
Page count: 192
Buy now from Mac Keith Press
This book, in the International Child Neurology Review series, is the first authoritative synthesis of the role of vitamin treatments in children with neurological disorders.
It covers all the conditions seen in paediatric neurology that are treatable by vitamin supplementation and consists of up-to-date, concise reviews by an international group of experts in their specific fields. They cover: biotinidase deficiency; the role of vitamins in the developing nervous system, mitochondrial disorders and autism; homocysteinuria; conditions responsive to vitamin E or riboflavin; disorders of folic acid and vitamin B12 metabolism; folinic acid responsive seizures, and all aspects of pyridoxine-dependent and pyridoxine-responsive seizures.
It is the first time that clinical and data research in this field has been drawn together in one source, making available previously unpublished material. This is a unique data resource for anyone involved in the care of children with vitamin-responsive neurological disorders.
International Review of Child Neurology Series No. 4
- 1. Biotinidase deficiency, Kim Bartlett
- 2. Neural tube defects and childhood brain tumours: the role of maternal vitamin supplementation, Carol Bower
- 3. Vitamins/minerals and autism, Mary Coleman
- 4. Homocystinuria due to cystathionine beta-synthase deficiency, Brian Fowler
- 5. Riboflavin responsive disorders, Barbara Garavaglia
- 6. Folinic acid responsive seizures, Keith Hyland
- 7. Vitamin treatment in mitochondrial cytopathies, Robert McFarland, Robert W. Taylor and Douglass M. Turnbull
- 8. Vitamin E responsive conditions in paediatric neurology, David P. R. Muller
- 9. Cobalamin and folate responsive disorders, Robert Surtees
- 10. Pyridoxine dependent and pyridoxine responsive seizures, Peter Baxter
- 11. Vitamin responsive conditions in paediatric neurology: a clinical approach, Peter Baxter
'The book more than fulfills its aim of providing an authoritative review of neurological conditions in which vitamin therapy plays a role.' European Journal of Paediatirc Neurology