The mission of the International Alliance of Academies of Childhood Disability (IAACD) is to improve the health and well-being of children, young people and adults with childhood-onset disabilities around the globe by enhancing local multidisciplinary professional capacity and expertise through an international collaboration between academies.
The Alliance will work to achieve this mission through the following initiative:
1. Promote evidence-based teaching and training of multidisciplinary professionals in all aspects of childhood-onset disability, with a lifespan perspective, across different regions and cultures.
2. Foster collaboration to support all involved in the care of children and youth with disabilities including parents, caretakers, communities and professionals.
3. Promote collaborative scientific and needs-driven research in childhood disability that is applicable across diverse needs and conditions.
4. Promote the implementation of childhood-onset disability practice change that is informed by regional and cultural variation.
5. Partner with key stakeholders and organizations to support of the full implementation of the rights of individuals with childhood-onset disabilities.
6. Establish and apply a set of fundamental ethical and scientific standards for the Alliance and member academies.
Call for contributors to the IAACD Knowledge Hub
The IAACD would like to invite practitioners, parent/carers and young people with childhood onset disabilities to contribute to the Knowledge Hub in the IAACD website. The Knowledge Hub has been created to be the ‘go to’ place for good quality peer reviewed information on childhood disabilities. The type of content can be various from a teaching presentation/video to systematic reviews or resource links for families. The possibilities are endless. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE THE AUTHOR OF THE PIECE. IF YOU COME ACROSS A RESOURCE THAT YOU THINK WOULD BE USEFUL TO OTHERS THEN SUBMIT IT! It does however need to be free access. There is a submission and review process. We will publish resources that would be of interest to a large international audience. You will get recognition for your contribution on the IAACD website. There may be opportunities for more formal engagement with IAACD for 6 months or more commitment. This includes possible opportunity for informal mentorship which may be particularly helpful for people at an early stage in their career. Please contact us at email@example.com to join us or to find out more if you’re not sure. We would love to hear from you!