Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition – Part I: Fetal and Neonatal Neurology (ebook)
Part I: Fetal and Neonatal Neurology from Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition
Chapter 1 – Fetal Neurology by Adré J Du Plessis and Michael V Johnston
- Normal Neural Tube Development
- Disorders of Neural Tube Development
- Normal Rhombencephalic Development
- Disorders of Rhombencephalic Development
- Cerebellar Hemispheric Malformations
- Normal Prosencephalic Development
- Disorders of Prosencephalic Development
- Disorders of Prosencephalic Cleavage
- Disorders of Midline Prosencephalic Development
- Disorders of the Fetal Choroid Plexus and Ventricles
- Disorders of the Choroid Plexus
- Normal Cerebral Cortical Development
- Disorders of Cerebral Cortical Development
- Developmental Disorders of Neuronal Proliferation
- Disorders of Neuronal Migration
Chapter 2 – Neurological Diseases in the Perinatal Period by Miriam Martinez-Biarge and Linda S de Vries
- Intracranial Haemorrhage in the Term Infant
- Germinal Matrix–Intraventricular Haemorrhage in the Preterm Infant
- White Matter Injury
- Hypoxic–Ischaemic Encephalopathy
- Focal Lesions (Neonatal Stroke)
- Bilirubin Encephalopathy
- Metabolic Insults: Neonatal Aspects
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Skull Fracture, Cephalhaematoma and Other Consequences of Mechanical Skull Trauma
- Neonatal Disorders of the Spinal Cord
About the Complete Book
The Premier Reference Book on Clinical Child Neurology.
Congenital or early-onset disorders of the nervous system have a profound and lifelong impact on the lives of children and their families. Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition provides up-to-date information on the full range of these neurological disorders, from fetal and neonatal neurology to adolescence.
Movement disorders, epilepsies and seizure disorders, metabolic diseases, auditory and visual disorders, and genetic anomalies are among the many topics covered in this text. Extensive reference lists at the end of each chapter guide the clinician to further relevant reading.
This fourth edition retains the patient-focussed, clinical approach of its predecessors. The international team of editors and contributors has honoured the request of the late Jean Aicardi, that his book remain ‘resolutely clinical’, which distinguishes Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood from other texts in the field. For further information about the history of this title and previous editions, please see Further Materials.
- Is completely revised and updated
- Includes latest developments in genetic advances
- Contains new chapters on basal ganglia diseases and psychogenic disorders
- Has an easy-to-use one volume format with full-colour illustrations
Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition remains the classic, user-friendly resource for busy clinicians in paediatric neurology, child neurology, general paediatrics, neurodisability, and all related medical disciplines.
Clinics in Developmental Medicine