Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition – Part III: Neurological Consequences of Prenatal, Perinatal and Early Postnatal Interference with Brain Development (ebook)
Part III: Neurological Consequences of Prenatal, Perinatal and Early Postnatal Interference with Brain Development from Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition
Chapter 6 – Osseous Malformations of the Skull and Craniovertebral Junction by Richard Hayward and Dominic Thompson
- Osseous Malformations of the Skull
- Craniosynostosis & Craniofacial Syndromes
- Disorders of the Craniovertebral Junction
- The Craniovertebral Region
- Specific Diseases Associated with Craniovertebral Anomalies
- Treatment of CranioVertebral Junction Disorders
- Normal Variants of the CranioVertebral Junction
Chapter 7 – Hydrocephalus and Non-Traumatic Pericerebral Collections by Andrew Whitelaw and Christian Sainte-Rose
- Classification, Age and Presentation of Hydrocephalus
- Hydrocephalus Presenting in the First Postnatal Year
- Diagnosis of Hydrocephalus
- Treatment of Hydrocephalus in Infants
- Non-Traumatic Pericerebral Collections
Chapter 8 – Cerebral Palsy and Related Movement Disorders by Ingeborg Krägeloh-Mann
- Pathology, Aetiology, Pathogenesis
- Classification of Cerebral Palsy
- The Various Types of Cerebral Palsy
- Diagnosis and Differential Diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy
- Positive Diagnosis
- Differential Diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy
- Acquired Hemiplegia
- Diagnostic Difficulties and Early Diagnosis
- Treatment and Management
- Prediction of Motor Function and Early Intervention
- Management of Cerebral Palsy and Quality of Life
- Meeting the Needs of the Disabled Child
About the Complete Book
The Premier Reference Book on Clinical Child Neurology.
Congenital or early-onset disorders of the nervous system have a profound and lifelong impact on the lives of children and their families. Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition provides up-to-date information on the full range of these neurological disorders, from fetal and neonatal neurology to adolescence.
Movement disorders, epilepsies and seizure disorders, metabolic diseases, auditory and visual disorders, and genetic anomalies are among the many topics covered in this text. Extensive reference lists at the end of each chapter guide the clinician to further relevant reading.
This fourth edition retains the patient-focussed, clinical approach of its predecessors. The international team of editors and contributors has honoured the request of the late Jean Aicardi, that his book remain ‘resolutely clinical’, which distinguishes Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood from other texts in the field. For further information about the history of this title and previous editions, please see Further Materials.
- Is completely revised and updated
- Includes latest developments in genetic advances
- Contains new chapters on basal ganglia diseases and psychogenic disorders
- Has an easy-to-use one volume format with full-colour illustrations
Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition remains the classic, user-friendly resource for busy clinicians in paediatric neurology, child neurology, general paediatrics, neurodisability, and all related medical disciplines.
Clinics in Developmental Medicine