Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition – Part IX: Disorders of the Oculomotor, Visual, Auditory and Vestibular Systems (ebook)
Part IX: Disorders of the Oculomotor, Visual, Auditory and Vestibular Systems from Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition
Chapter 22 – Disorders of Visual and Oculomotor Functions by Carey Matsuba
- Disorders of Visual Function
- Visual Impairment Overview and Definitions
- Aetiologies of Visual Impairment
- Pupillary Conditions
- Disorders of Ocular Motor Function
Chapter 23 – Disorders of Auditory and Vestibular Function by Anne O’Hare
- Hearing Impairment and Speech Development
- Clinical Assessment of Hearing Impairment
- Aetiology of Sensorineural Hearing Impairment
- Management of Sensorineural Hearing Impairment
- Prognosis of Hearing Impairment
- Dysfunction of the Vestibular System
About the Complete Book
The Premier Reference Book on Clinical Child Neurology.
Congenital or early-onset disorders of the nervous system have a profound and lifelong impact on the lives of children and their families. Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition provides up-to-date information on the full range of these neurological disorders, from fetal and neonatal neurology to adolescence.
Movement disorders, epilepsies and seizure disorders, metabolic diseases, auditory and visual disorders, and genetic anomalies are among the many topics covered in this text. Extensive reference lists at the end of each chapter guide the clinician to further relevant reading.
This fourth edition retains the patient-focussed, clinical approach of its predecessors. The international team of editors and contributors has honoured the request of the late Jean Aicardi, that his book remain ‘resolutely clinical’, which distinguishes Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood from other texts in the field. For further information about the history of this title and previous editions, please see Further Materials.
- Is completely revised and updated
- Includes latest developments in genetic advances
- Contains new chapters on basal ganglia diseases and psychogenic disorders
- Has an easy-to-use one volume format with full-colour illustrations
Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition remains the classic, user-friendly resource for busy clinicians in paediatric neurology, child neurology, general paediatrics, neurodisability, and all related medical disciplines.
Clinics in Developmental Medicine