Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition – Part XII: Developmental and Neuropsychiatric Disorders of Childhood (ebook)
Part XII: Developmental and Neuropsychiatric Disorders of Childhood from Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition
Chapter 28 – Neurodevelopmental Disabilities and their Management by Bruce K Shapiro
Chapter 29 – Autism Spectrum Disorder and Autistic-Like Conditions by Anne O’Hare and Roberto Tuchman
Chapter 30 – Attention-Deficit–Hyperactivity Disorder and Co-Existing Impairments by Bruce K Shapiro
Chapter 31 – Disorders of Speech, Language and Communication by Anne O’Hare
- Development Disorders
- Verbal Dyspraxia
- Dysarthria in Syndromic Conditions
- Acquired Disorders of Speech and Language
Chapter 32 – Psychogenic Neurological Disorders by Paddy Grattan-Smith
- Difficulties Over Words
- Lessons from the Past
- Frequency and Presentation of Psychogenic Neurological Disorders
- The ‘Positive Signs’ of a Psychogenic Neurological Disorder
- Overview of the Signs of a Psychogenic Neurological Disorder
- What Is the Underlying Cause of a Psychogenic Neurological Disorder?
- Psychogenic? Functional? What Is the Correct Name?
- Treatment of Psychogenic Neurological Disorders
About the Complete Book
The Premier Reference Book on Clinical Child Neurology.
Congenital or early-onset disorders of the nervous system have a profound and lifelong impact on the lives of children and their families. Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition provides up-to-date information on the full range of these neurological disorders, from fetal and neonatal neurology to adolescence.
Movement disorders, epilepsies and seizure disorders, metabolic diseases, auditory and visual disorders, and genetic anomalies are among the many topics covered in this text. Extensive reference lists at the end of each chapter guide the clinician to further relevant reading.
This fourth edition retains the patient-focussed, clinical approach of its predecessors. The international team of editors and contributors has honoured the request of the late Jean Aicardi, that his book remain ‘resolutely clinical’, which distinguishes Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood from other texts in the field. For further information about the history of this title and previous editions, please see Further Materials.
- Is completely revised and updated
- Includes latest developments in genetic advances
- Contains new chapters on basal ganglia diseases and psychogenic disorders
- Has an easy-to-use one volume format with full-colour illustrations
Aicardi’s Diseases of the Nervous System in Childhood, 4th Edition remains the classic, user-friendly resource for busy clinicians in paediatric neurology, child neurology, general paediatrics, neurodisability, and all related medical disciplines.
Clinics in Developmental Medicine