Childhood Headache 2nd Edition (ebook)
Headache as a common problem which has a significant impact on children’s quality of life. This book provides practising clinicians with a comprehensive source of advice and knowledge on the diagnosis and management of childhood headache disorders. It addresses the needs of clinicians looking after children with headache, whether it was in a primary care setting, a hospital general paediatric clinic or in a specialist paediatric neurology service.
Assessment of the child with chronic headache takes a central position, with two chapters to help early diagnosis of the child with a serious neurological disorder. The scientific basis of headache and migraine is clearly presented and simplified in the chapter of pathophysiology. Many clinical cases are presented to illustrate the complexity, the importance or the rarity of certain headache disorders and bring to life the relevant models of assessment and management. The book also highlights the results of recent research and provides critical analysis of commonly accepted classification of headache disorders and also provides pointers of future research needs.
- Written by world experts who are leaders in the field of headache in children, giving a global perspective
- Authors brings their clinical experience to life with real case vignettes
- The only book of its kind to maintain an excellent balance of clinical focus and research
- Explores the current evidence base into the causes and treatments of childhood headache
- The clinical recommendations are applicable anywhere in the world
- The book is easy to read and fully referenced
A comprehensive source of knowledge and guidance to practising clinicians looking after children with headache which includes many clinical examples to illustrate the difficulties in diagnosis or options for treatment. It is also a resource for researchers who are looking for a full analysis of the published studies.
Clinics in Developmental Medicine Series