Principles and Practice of Child Neurology in Infancy, 2nd Edition – Chapter 1: Terms, definitions, and concepts (free ebook)
Chapter 1 – Terms, definitions, and concepts by Adre du Plessis from Principles and Practice of Child Neurology in Infancy, 2nd Edition
About the Complete Book
Management of neurological disorders presenting in infancy poses many challenges for clinicians. Using a symptom-based approach, and covering a wide range of scenarios, the latest edition of this comprehensive practical guide provides authoritative advice from distinguished experts. It now includes revised coverage of disease prevention, clinical assessment, and promotion of neurodevelopment.
- Well-structured chapters begin with key messages, common errors, and when to worry, for ease of use at the point of care.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary and holistic care while avoiding over-investigation and over-treatment, using an evidence-based approach, to promote quality of life.
- Features practical road maps for most clinical scenarios.
- Covers the rapidly developing fields of cranial imaging and genetic testing.
- Extra coverage of tropical diseases such as Zika virus infection, malaria, and immune-mediated encephalitis.
- Additional links to videos and other online resources.
This book will be useful for paediatric neurologists, paediatricians and other health professionals involved in the care of children with neurological problems. The emphasis on clinical assessment and inclusion of some tropical diseases renders the book relevant to all regions of the world including those where resources for health care are limited.
From the Foreword
“The book provides the reader with important tools to improve both technical and ethical aspects of acute and long-term care of the child.”
Assistant Professor of Paediatric Neurology, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
A Practical Guide from Mac Keith Press
Principles and Practice of Child Neurology in Infancy Courses
Mac Keith Press and the European Paediatric Neurology Society present two interactive online learning courses that support paediatric health professionals develop best clinical practice for all neurological problems in infancy.
- Enjoy 10% discount on the course if you have purchased the Principles and Practice of Child Neurology in Infancy, 2nd Edition book
- Interactive learning is aided by reflective activities and multiple-choice questions on each topic with helpful hints
- Free access to videos and six classic paediatric neurology text books
- Certificate is provided on completion
Free trial! If you’re interested in the course and would like to try before you buy, register for our free 48 hour trial.